Public Holidays & Events Calendar
Never a Dull Moment on the Spice Isle!
Celebrate with us the year-around events and culture of Grenada! There’s always something going on in Grenada to keep you busy and keep you partying. Along with traditional annual events, Grenada welcomes you to participate in the many daily and weekly events happening all over the island.
New Years Day, The Grenada Sailing Festival, Spice Island Billfish Tournament
- New Years Day – Officially a public holiday, the New Year is rung in with gala balls and parties at the hotels and clubs.
- The Grenada Sailing Festival – A five day sailing regatta at the end of the month which attracts yachting enthusiasts from all over the world.
- Spice Island Billfish Tournament – Running since 1964, the Billfish Tournament is an environmentally friendly tag and release event attracting fishermen and boaters from the UK, the US, Canada, South America, and all over the Caribbean.
Independence Day, Carriacou Carnival
- Independence Day (Feb. 7th)
- Carriacou Carnival (Monday & Tuesday before Ash Wednesday) – This festival involves two days of street parades and various competitions among calypso and soca singers, and masquerade bands.
March / April
Good Friday, Easter Monday, Grenada Round-the-Island Easter Regatta
- Good Friday – Public Holiday
- Easter Monday – Public Holiday
- Grenada Round-the-Island Easter Regatta – A 5 day sailing event which includes wining and dining and a round-the-island race covering 45 nautical miles.
Labor Day, Whit Monday
- Labor Day (May 1st) – Public Holiday
- Whit Monday – Public Holiday
Corpus Christi, Fisherman’s Birthday
- Corpus Christi – Public Holiday
- Fisherman’s Birthday (June 29th) – Honoring St. Peter, the patron saint of fishermen, fishing communities all over the island celebrate with parties and activities – especially in Gouyave, the island’s fishing capital.
Emancipation Day, Grenada Carnival Season, National Soca Monarch Final, Miss Spicy Grenada Show, Carriacou Regatta
- Emancipation (Aug. 4th) – Public Holiday
- Grenada Carnival Season – Encompassing 4-5 days of parties and celebrations including the National Soca Monarch Final, Miss Spicy Grenada Show, pageant of handmade colorful costumes, parades, and very loud music!
- Carriacou Regatta – Begun in 1965, this now very popular event features yacht, sloop, long open boat, and work boat races.
Grenada Culinary Festival
- Grenada Culinary Festival – If you still have some energy left over from Carnival, you can watch island chefs go head to head in the kitchen.
Carriacou Sailing Series
- Carriacou Sailing Series – This 4 day festival features 5 classes of yacht racing, along with beach activities for the whole family.
Christmas Day, Boxing Day
- Christmas Day (Dec. 25th) – Public Holiday
- Boxing Day (Dec. 26th) – Public Holiday